Doctors recommend Salactic Film to treat common warts on the skin and feet (plantar warts).
This product contains 2 ingredients.
- 17% Salicylic acid helps cause the wart to gradually peel off.
- Flexible collodion dries to form a covering over the treated area, helping to keep the salicylic acid on the area and shield it from possible infection.
Directions: Carefully read the information that comes with the product packaging:
- Soak the area of skin to be treated in warm water for about 5 minutes to soften the wart.
- Dry thoroughly.
- Using the applicator provided, apply a thin coat of the medication to cover the entire wart. Be careful to apply it only to the wart and not the surrounding skin.
- Let dry for 5 minutes.
- You may cover the wart loosely with a bandage
- Repeat this procedure 1 to 2 times daily for up to 12 weeks, as per your doctor's instructions
- Your doctor may direct you to use a pumice stone, callus file, or emery board to carefully remove the top dead layers of the wart after soaking and before applying the liquid.
Warnings: FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
This product should not be used on moles, birthmarks, warts with hair growing from them, genital/anal warts, or warts on the face. If you are not sure of your medical condition, discuss the use of this product with your physician.
Do not use this product on irritated skin or any area that is infected or reddened, if you are diabetic, or if you have poor blood circulation. If discomfort begins or is persistent, stop use and consult your physician immediately. If product gets into the eye, flush with water for 15 minutes. Avoid inhaling vapors.